Tomato

30.00300.00

Clear

Tomato

Tomato or Solanum lycopersium is generally categorized as a vegetable even if technically it is a fruit. It is the berry of a plant from the nightshade family and is native to South America. Tomatoes not only add flavor to your food but also benefits your health due to the presence of essential nutrients. It grows in clusters of small to moderate size and round, red fruits. The flesh of this vegetable is soft and pinkish red and it tastes a bit sweet. It is a pertinent part of the cuisine of different cultures across the world and particularly so in the Mediterranean region.

Nutritional Value of Tomato

The water content in tomato is 95% while the rest 5 % consists of carbohydrates and fiber. Tomatoes contain good quantities of Vitamin AVitamin C and Vitamin K while other vitamins like vitamin B6, folate and thiamine are also present. Minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and phosphorus are present in tomatoes. This vegetable also contains dietary fiber and protein and a number of other organic compounds like lycopene which are extremely beneficial for our health.

Weight N/A

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Tomato”

Your email address will not be published.

Shopping Cart